Motorcar Classicsis proud to offer this historically significant 1959 Ferrari 250GT Coupe, Vin #1471. This car (cited in Wikipedia in Ferraris entry) has fully documented important history from new.Its provenance and bespoke features arguably make this 1959 Ferrari 250 GT coupthe best example of its kind in the World. Importance of the 250 GT coup to Ferrari: The understated elegance of this Ferrari coup singularly saved Ferrari, because Enzo Ferrari asked Pinin Farina to design a gentlemans car built on a racing chassis. It resulted in this 250GT coup, which quickly garnered praise of World leaders and industry titans, funding Ferraris racing team.The GT Coup eschewed the fender vents, for simple, clean lines and a notchback look with panoramic rear window. The oval grille was replaced by a more traditional long narrow look with protruding headlights. This elegant Pinin Farina coupon the 250GT chassis was among the earliest Ferrari series production cars, with 350 examples handcrafted between 1958 and 1960, occupying vin numbers 0841 to 2081. These cars could be ordered with subtle variations accommodating discerning customers tastes, although a very small handful such as this one was a show-cars constructed on the 250GT chassis.Royal Pedigree: Enzo handcrafted this Ferrari bespoke edition for his close friend, HRH Prince Bertil of Sweden, a connoisseur of fine motorcars. #1471 first appeared publicly at the Frankfurt Motor Show with accouterments shared by no other early Series I, 250 GT; including four-wheel disc breaks, a racing transmission with overdrive, and a passenger hand-hold for his Princess Lilian.Prince Bertil considered #1471 perfect, being a Gran Turismo allowing it to accommodate luggage while touring the Cte dAzur while vacationing at his Royal Villa Mirage in the South ofFrance. Engine Specifications: The original Colombo-designed Tipo 128C 3.0-liter engine was superseded by the twin-distributor 128D, which in turn was supplanted in 1960 by the outside-plug 128F engine, which replaced its predecessors siamesed inlets in favor of six separate ports. The Tipo 125C engine proved superbly capable both on the road and track, explaining its timelessness. With its triple Weber carburetor, it produced 240 horsepower, giving the 250GT a top speed of 150 mph, making it the fastest GT car available. Four-wheel disc brakes became optional in 1959 and a four-speed-plus-overdrive gearbox the following year.Mancini Report: This car, chassis number 1471GT, is a 250GT Series 1 Coup. It started life in May of 1959, when its bare chassis was sent to the Torino factory of Carrozzeria Pinin Farina, and clothed in Coupcoachwork. The seventh to last of the first series128D chassis. Because of specifications fron Enzo Ferrari, 1471GT was factory equipped with four wheel disc brakes, and the offset-lever four-speed overdrive transmission. It was finished in two-tone livery of Grigio Argento on the top, and a Bianco on its lower half. Inside was a contrasting Rossa hides and carpeting. The car was completed in October of 1959, and soon thereafter, directed to Delivery of HRH Prince Bertil of Sweden, delivered to the official Ferrari importer and agency of Sweden, Tore Bjurstrom. Soon after taking delivery, Mr. Bjurstrom had the car transported to Germany for display at the 1959 International German Motor Show - IAA in Frankfurt. After the show, the car returned to Sweden, so that HRH Prince Bertil, could take delivery in late 1959. The Duke of Halland, Prince Bertil Gustaf Oskar Carl Eugn was 47 years of age when he took delivery of his new Ferrari Pinin Farina Coup.After driving seasonally on the Cte dAzur, in 1961 1471GT was sold to Langdon Proctor, a respected Classic Automobile collector and highly successful European business executive residing in Switzerland during summers. 1471GT was registered in Switzerland specifically on Swiss canton Vaud license plate VD #106426, by Proctor and frequently driven by Proctor who resided in Chateau Le chteau de Bardonnex in Laussane. In November 1964, the Ferrari was returned to the factory in Maranello, where it was serviced and maintained at Ferraris factory Assistenza Clienti service center. At that point in history, the car had 53,190 kilometers on its odometer. In July 1964, Proctor had the car painted in silver in Laussane, Switzerland. In 1966, 1471GT accumulated 70,000 kilometers on its odometer, and had its engine removed for rebuild at Garaga Pesa SA in Lausanne, Switzerland. In the late 1960s, Langdon Proctor sold 1471GT to John Lindsay, an American residing in Switzerland seasonally. Mr. Lindsay gifted #1471 to his father, Hamlin Lindsay. In 1970, #1471 car was crated and shipped on M/V Atlantic Crown Ocean liner to NYC, New York, USA. Hamlin Lindsay occasionally showed #1471, and it 1974 its ownership reverted to Jon Lindsay. #1471 remained in his collection under his careful stewardship until 1983, when a San Francisco Executive purchased it, Marc Wilcoxen. Mr. Wilcoxen cared for #1471 for fifteen years, before selling it in July, 1999 to William Tipton, also of California. 1471GT remained in Mr. Tiptons stewardship for fifteen years. During that time, 1471GT was acquired by Kevin Pauza, of Naples and New York City in 2015, and began an extensive multi-year restoration, returning it to its original 1959 show presentation. Restorers in Italy, Califotrnia, and Texas participated. Ferrari Concourse Judge James Patterson, of Norwood Auto Italia prepared the car, restoring #1471 to its original configuration as presented at the 1959 Frankfurt Auto Show by Enzo Ferrari and HRH Prince Bertil of Sweden.#1471 250 GT may visit the manicured show lawns with its next steward for the first time, with its originally specified bianco, grigio, and contrasting rossa hides. Mancini report, documents, original tools, jack, and spare borrani wire remain with 1471. Your inspection is invited!