1953 Jaguar XK120 Roadster One of only 2,806 open two-seaters made in 1953; one of 2,018 made with left-hand drive. Evidence suggests less than 1,000 examples exist today Fully restored to its present condition Prior local Missouri ownership for the past 40 years! Matching numbers 3.4L DOHC straight six-cylinder engine with double side-draft SU H6 carburetors that makes 160 hp Four-speed manual transmission Bright Red exterior with tan top Biscuit interior with Connolly Leather Seats and Wilton Wool Carpeting Original solid wheels and rear fender skirts (spats) Documentation includes a Jaguar Heritage Archive Certificate Own this Vehicle from $1,600 per month-call 636-600-4600Looking like it is ready to pounce even while motionless, the Jaguar XK coupes and roadster are among the most elegant looking cars to come out of the 1950s. Mot Xotica Classic Cars is pleased to present this Bright Red 1953 XK120 Roadster. This example was built on June 11, 1953 at Browns Lane, Coventry, England, and it was shipped on June 24, 1953. This stunning cat was a recipient of a comprehensive nut and bolt restoration, ready to take to a car show or JCNA judging!Mark Trimble, long-time owner of the Shepherd of the Hills in Branson, Missouri, owned this car for 40 plus years. Trimble had had the car stripped to bare metal and repainted in the St. Louis during his stewardship. He sent Cox to fetch the car when it was ready to come home. Using a half-ton pickup truck and trailer, Cox had the Jag, minus its trim and fittings, placed on the trailer for the ride southwest. Neil Klinefelter completed the cars restoration once it returned to Branson. Mr. Trimble, sold the car in 2014 to an owner in Kansas City, where a local Jaguar specialist shop took over the maintenance duties. Its been well-maintained and is beautifully restored. The Jaguar once again became available due to Mr. Trabon's passing and to settle his estate.Dressed in Bright Red, which only serves to enhance this open-top coupes low-slung lines, the cars paint and trim are in overall excellent order, with only minor blemishes visible upon very close inspection. The cars windscreen is clear and intact. Its lights, including the large fog lights perched upon the front bumper are haze-free and intact.The bodywork is straight and solid, the engine bay is extremely tidy and the bumpers fit tightly to the body. This Jaguar rolls on wide whitewall four-ply tires, size 6.00-16 at all four corners. Most Jags came with wire wheels and center spinners but without the rear fender skirts or spats as theyre called across the pond. This example has solid wheels with the fender skirts, which would not fit over wire wheel centers.Under the bonnet is the Jaguars matching number 3.4L twin-cam straight six-cylinder engine. With an alloycylinder head, hemi-spherical combustion chambers, inclined valvesand twin side-draftSU carburetors, the enginewas comparatively advanced for a mass-produced unit of its time. The XK engine's basic design, later modified into 3.8- and 4.2-liter versions, survived into the late 1980s. This engine is buttoned to a four-speed manual transmission.Inside, the biscuit leather interior is in borderline excellent shape. The bucket seats, swathed in rich Connolly Leather, are in great shape and the matching Wilton Wool Carpeting is excellent order. The four-spoke steering wheel is in fine condition while the leather-trimmed instrument panel is in excellent order while the inner doors are in very good order. The shift lever ech s the rest of the interior.The XK120 was ultimately available in three versions or body styles, first as an open two-seater described in the US market as the roadster; as a closed, orfixed head coup from 1951; and finally, as adrophead coup(DHC) from 1953, all two-seaters and available with left or right-hand drive.All XK120s had independenttorsion bar front suspension, semi-ellipticleaf springsat the rear,recirculating ballsteering, telescopically adjustable steering column and all-round 12-inchdrum brakes,which were prone tofade.Some cars were fitted with Alfin (ALuminum FINned) brake drums to combat fade.The roadster's lightweight canvas top and detachable side screens stowed out of sight behind the seats and itsbarchetta-style doors had no external handles; instead there was an interiorpull-cordwhich was accessible through a flap in the side screens when the weather equipment was in place. The windscreen could be removed for roscreensto be fitted. All models had removablespats(fender skirts in America) covering the rear wheel arches, which enhanced the streamlined look.Documentation includes a Jaguar Heritage Archive Certificate.Competition to this Jag in 1953 included Chevrolets Corvette, Ferraris 212 Cabriolet and Mercedes-Benzs 300 S Convertible.This car is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri. Current mileage on the odometer shows 34,491 miles. It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt title. GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR YOUTUBE VIDEO!!!!ORCopy & Paste the Link Below to Watch the Video:https://youtu.be/_8Dj1dEixhUChassis #: 674045Engine #: W8802-8Body #: F6135Gearbox #: JL17359Note: Please see full terms and conditions listed below that pertain to the purchase of any said vehicle, thank you.